Thursday, November 15, 2007

More Satellite Problems...

I found the answer to my satellite problems today! It is because I exceeded the Fair Access Policy Threshold!! To put it in English, I downloaded more megabytes that I am paying for so my internet speed suffered for the next 24 hours. This new policy came into affect about a month ago...right when I was having my major satellite problems.

I told the representatives then that it felt like I was being kicked off the satellite. In essence I was! I can not exceed this threshold in any given 24 hour period. So I had to wait until 5:30 or 6:00 pm to enjoy my fast internet speed again. Now, to be able to download large files and as many megabytes as I want, I do have a three hour window in which to complete these jobs!

As a result of this new policy, I have a feeling that it affected my network of printers that have IP addresses. I had to reinstall the drivers for the printers that were hooked up during the problems last month.

Thank you for making memories in PJ's Corner...

No comments: